Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Autumn The New Summer!!! Silvie goes from Auto to Manual

Well so much for yesterday being the first day of Autum right? with it being one of the hottest days we have had here in Queensland it must have been one of the best looking ones as well, Not a cloud around just pure blue sky. Only thing to make it perfect was an afternoon storm, well it didnt happen in the afternoon but early this morning it absolutely bucketed down.

Dreaming that i was getting chased down by someone that will go un-named with a hose was just the start, i then woke up to realise that it was infact the sky poring down upon me through my open window and in my hurry to close said window (they open outwards) i pulled the bloody catch off it didnt I. So i was meaning to duck into Bunnings during my travels today and get some better screws a handle i could actually affix to the pane and have some decent leverage on it.

Didnt happen so it just so happens as i was swamped with work. So much that i didnt even have a chance to drop into camo's to see how Silvie was going, Talk about torture i even drove straight past.

I really dont have much to blog about really (well down below is more Silvie history but..), more just ramble and think out loud but hey that could be humorous right? right.....

Well one of my jobs today was at this old ladies place, I really couldnt figure out where the house started and she ended i dont say this to be mean but it just makes you wonder how do people let themselves get to that point. In the two hours that i was there fixing her computer she smoked a full 30 pack of cigarettes and polished off two bottles of wine.

So for someone that i reckon was in her mid to late fifties she looked like she was in her nineties it was actually kinda sad, apart from the whole trying to come onto me part it went from resting her hand on my should while leaning forward to "look at the computer screen" to resting her head on my shoulder... i seriously didnt know what to do!! should i say something? should i run out screaming like my hair was on fire?!?! nope... determined me wouldnt let that computer beat me...

In cases like that i really dont know if i should feel sorry for them or just ignore it and not be human and asked to be left in peace while i try and fix there budget built 10 year old computers.

If i ever get to that age and i'm still single someone please put me out of my misery, seriously i doubt that i will be like that but just in case..

Anyway enough rambling....

Oh i saw a cop car on the back of a tilt tray today i had a giggle.

WELL

Silvie time.

As i mentioned in my first blog entry when i brought the Silvia it was automatic and eventually that auto box decided it wanted to let go and let go it did.

I was out towards Morayfield at a NS meet and it had felt a bit.. funky on the way out there but on the way back thats when the drama's started. 4th (OD) died, then 3rd and by the time i was on the gateway bridge I was down to 2nd. - I had to get to Daisy Hill.

Trying to drive a car along the gateway with only two gears at a speed not to hinder other drivers and not look like a tosser trying to race everyone was kinda hard with a 2.5" cat-back that was "mind the language" fuck-off loud!!! and thats an understatement.

anyway to cut a long story short the auto had to come out and what better excuse to do a manual conversion.

So i called the boys at East Coast Customs about sourcing the parts for me and they already had everything that i needed

1x S14 5 Speed Manual Gearbox - check
1x Manual Flywheel - check
1x clutch plate - check
1x pressure plate - check
1x clutch pedal
1x Master clutch and slave cylinder.

The only problem was that they couldn't fit me in to do it as some homo was down south at a DA meet with Team Peer, so unfortunately the car went to Predator Motorsport.




Anyway thats it from me, im tired and i am now going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment