Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Sucks again - The start of project Silvie

Ive always hated Monday's ever since i started school, The start of the week meant getting up early and having to do something that wasnt relaxing or the slightest bit entertaining. I guess goes for even now with working full time, one thing though that i have to love about being a sub-contractor and basically working for myself is being able to set my own hours. 10am start on a Monday makes the rest of the week worth it well most the time that is.

Ok i love my job it is pretty cool being able to boot around in the Silvia and then nut out problems with other peoples computers, but today just really wasn't all that enjoyable to be honest. When my daily is running i don't really use the Sil for work maybe one day a week and that's usually Monday or Friday, Since my festiva died late last year with a fatal headgasket failure my faithful ol partner was there to help me out and get me around even while nursing a pretty big hole in her Intercooler cold pipe.


Didnt really notice an issue with the car either well apart from only really making and holding 15psi, I actually thought it was a problem with the bane of all my problems the stupid xforce exhaust.

Sorry got side tracked.

Anyway i had gotten use to driving Silvie all day everyday and i always got comments from customers in regards to her and believe it or not it was more the oldies that gave me the thumbs up and the cool comments like "even though i maybe old i still love a nice sounding car" well maybe not that.. lets say sedate but I'm not going there atleast in this post.

I guess being back in and driving what normal society consider a "normal" car is just so mundane and dull.

I miss my Flutters :(

So Monday you suck again.

Soooo

The Start of project Silvie.

I brought Silvie always having the intention of modifying to my specification, and at that point in time i had no idea what i really wanted to do with her. Drifting or circuit work, Drifting was the cool thing at that point but... wait for it so was Need For Speed Underground and i dont know what most people did as their first mod in that game but mine was to paint the brake calipers red, so i took inspiration from that and did the same thing with Silvie.

I was down at my parents place that they owned in Coutts Crossing for a few days having a bit of a holiday and i was kinda bored so i ended up going to town and poking around Super Cheap Auto, I ended up finding some High temp red paint so it got me thinking.

Thinking to a point of doing actually, with a few cans brake cleaner, paint and the help of the family dog Silvie went from having drab boring brake calipers to having shiny red ones!!




I think they turned out pretty good and it was one of the cheapest "mods" that ive ever done, but come to think of it after doing a brake upgrade and having to swap one of the rear calipers because one of the pins seized only one out of four calipers is still red.

Next time Im down in Grafton visiting Mum and Phil ill be sure to fix that, and im sure Smokey the family dog would be more then happy to help me again.




1 comment:

  1. wow, you even painted the brake pads! lol

    and 10am starts on monday??? thats money lost in my eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete