Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End Of One Year.. The Beggining Of Another

Its the end of Two thousand and eleven! the last day of the year, what are you up to? well obviously I am sitting in front of my computer writing to you and strangely enough it is not about cars at all.. have i gone insane? am I feeling ok? well to answer the first I've been insane for years.. and with friends and family like mine i would have to be! hahahah... I love you guys.

Something that always comes up on new years is the need to party.. well for some and for others it apparently dictates how they will spend the rest of the next year and the stupid tradition of kissing your partner on the stroke of midnight and you will be with them for the rest of the year... maybe its because if pretty much been single every new year... come to think of it i really do not remember being in a relationship once over new years.. maybe that is why I never got that one...

well this is where I spin off into a tangent that I do not even know if it makes sense but if you do understand it let me know and if you dont well let me know? but like I said im insane and it could be my crazy ideas!

and away we go!


I don't know about you but to me it seems that Some people take life way to seriously. Well in the sense of always needing to be on the go, doing this.. doing that, keeping up with the Joneses and having all the latest... well lack of a better word in my vocabulary... Crap. Computers for instance, I always have customers ask if they should upgrade and keep up with the current systems... majority of the computers that i service are used for internet and emails.. and that is it.. so I ask a simple question and this can be put towards anything really.. mowers.. microwaves.. coffee machines.. cars even.. Is it still doing what you need it to do? well if the answer is yes then no you do not need to upgrade.. just because Joe Blow next door has something that takes two seconds to boot or a coffee machine that makes the best cappuccino in the world in a second flat.

This to me is why there is a lot of wasted disused things around and I am not just talking about material things, I have seen people do that to friends, loved ones.. use them for awhile and then when they get bored they go find some muscle bound twit and get abused.

The more serious people get the more that they focus on just one thing and then they get to busy with that one thing and the world passes them by another thing is they fail to see what is right in front of them for instance.. that old topic of relationships and Love.

Woe is me.. that is what comes to my mind, these people that get it in their head that they need this perfect person that does not exists and they put that imaginary person on a pedestal and then compare everyone to them. They then proceed to have a good old cry about never finding the one for them, they fail to realize that maybe the person that could make them the happiest could be right in front of them staring them right in the face and they do not even realize it because A. Then have this imaginary person up on that ol pedestal presiding over their decisions on what makes the right person or B. They take everything all to seriously and it blinds their judgement purely because of the fact that they can not let go of what ever drives them once so they will never see the entire picture.

Now some people may not agree with what I say, oh his completely wrong and doesnt know what he is talking about, but I am willing to bet that their are other people out there that share my thoughts and are saying you know what he has hit the nail square on the head.

Example is that person that always winds up in exactly that same spot over and over and over again and that spot is the dreaded friend zone!

Read


"Dear "Females" I'm fedup. Done. Finished. I always hear stories about girls not being able to trust guys because they cheated, or treated them bad, or hit them, I always hear stories of girls saying they just don't want to be with guys because of past relationships. say that you're waiting for a good guy etc. But why the fuck when you get a good GREAT guy you ignore him, Call him your best friend or some shit like that and when he falls for you, you give him some bullshit how you're not ready for a relationship...then two hours later you're fucking some asshole who clearly didn't give a fuck about you before. Dear females....you constantly wonder where the good guys are. they're out there...I'm just letting you know that you're the ones making us scarce.

Sincerely

Good Guy....or rather New Found Asshole"

Now I did not write that as I read it on a friends facebook and shamelessly copied it to mine for one specific reason and that reason is that it is the truth, I have been in countless situations like above before and it all starts out nice and innocent, spending countless hours with each other doing things you both enjoy doing and share in common or just sitting doing nothing at all and just enjoying having company.

Then comes the harmless flirting from her which does make you believe that they may actually feel something towards you and in this case the "nice" guy starts to fall for the girl and spends a while hiding it because they have been hurt before the same way OR they do not feel the time is appropriate because he knows exactly what makes her uncomfortable.

I do not write this about myself in anyway but like I said I have been in the same situation before, I guess that the biggest thing that has made me write this specific little thing comes as a result of watching Definitely Maybe which is a silly little romantic movie.. the sad thing is I watched it alone which was actually the second time I have watched it.. and funnily enough the first time i was alone aswell... hmmmm

That and it being New Years Eve I guess, that old saying of "what you do on the stroke of midnight is what you will be doing for the entire new year" well for me its going to be exactly the same as i was doing last year... sitting on the computer or in front of the TV at my Parents place in NSW.

So I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe new year, To all those "Blind" people let go and for one day do not take life so seriously, do not use that excuse of ohh I can not possibly do that because I am to busy. Kick back have a drink and soak in what is around you because life is to short to take to seriously as you will not get out of it alive! and who knows you might realize something special maybe right in front of you. How ever like all situations there is always an equal positive or negative reaction and there might not be anything there at all.

As for me, I will be enjoying a cup of coffee and a good book with a beautiful view like so.

with a beer or two later on

View from my parents back veranda

As always stay safe my friends!

- Bev



No comments:

Post a Comment